Tuesday, November 19, 2013

C4K Summary



Meghan's Blog

My blog for the week of awesome-fun-best week of school

Categories: BlogOctober 18, 2013 @ 10:54 AM 2 COMMENTS

Monday-We started switching for math,and we had a sub teacher, her name is Mrs.Miller.In class we went on a road trip.I learned about the Grand Caynon,and the Hover Dam.

Tuesday-We read Out Of My Mind in read aloud.My class had Music for specials.We continued the road trip.

Wednesday-We joined the OOMM group on Edmodo.We had P.E. for specials.Found out why there is a fish on the cover of Out Of My Mind.

Thursday-We had a early out at 1:00.Instead of specials we had another recces.I took the States Test.

Friday-We are going to have two specials.I weaved with my book buddy, her name is Bella.Right now I am typing on kid blog,and I can’t see in to the future so bye.

Meghan:)

LIVING ON A FARM:

Once upon a time there lived a lovely family on a wonderful caring farm. They lived in a weird looking house but they had a great time together living on a farm with cool animal’s. In this family was Jasmine the older sister, Kylie the youngest sister, Desirea the cousin, John the uncle, James the dad and Rachel the mum. This family was so lucky to live on a farm with wonderful pet’s and animal’s.

Jasmine was so keen to go school and meet new friends and get to know everyone, but she was too shy. Kylie was a normal kid she got to meet her cousin’s every weekend, because they lived on a farm as well. Rachel and James the parent’s they were so tired waking up early in the morning milking the cow’s looking after all the animals, they just didn’t get time to have a break. Uncle John spent time with his daughter and Kylie every weekend and go work every week-nights.

Kylie’s mum and dad went out for dinner with uncle John and the kids stayed home alone with the animals. Mum told the girls to put the horse’s back into the garage but they had forgotten to do it. They were fast asleep but they forgot to put the horse’s back into the garage so the horse’s got stolen and they didn’t notice until mum and dad came back. Rachel and James was so angry but they couldn’t blame it on the kids they knew they should of done it before they left.

So they went out looking for the horse’s they asked everyone if they'd seen these horse’’s but they all said “NO”. Kylie remembered that it was just one horse that ran away and it went in a red truck. Dad said “ did you see who grabbed her she said “yeah it was a man”, “would it be your uncle” dad said. “Know he was with you guise” dad said “oh I forgot”. “I think I know” Jasmine said,” If it’s a man then it might be a new person because this had never happened to us before”. So kylie and that went out look for him but then they saw the horse in the same truck they told mum and dad and they caught the man it was their grandfather.

So they had a little talk together and found out why he did it. Mum and dad decided to let granddad stay for the holidays and the kids could spend time with him because they didn’t get the time to learn more about him. Jasmine and Kylie was so pleased with their parents. Jasmine didn’t get what she wanted but she did get to learn more about her granddad same to Kylie.

And they lived happily ever after. THE END:

Posted by Lizara at 10:36 Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to Facebook Labels: Living on a farm:, term 4, writing 2013

1 comment:

Lisa Smith said...

Lizara,

Hello my name is Lisa Smith and I a student in EDM 310 at The University of South Alabama majoring in elementary education. My Professor assigned me to read your blog this week and leave you a comment about your post. I also have a blog so if you ever want to see what we are doing in my class feel free to check my blog out. http://smithlisaedm310.blogspot.com/

I really enjoyed reading your story about living on the farm. It must be nice to live around family. I am sorry that you forgot to put the horses up and that they escaped. I was glad to read that your Grandpa had pick one of the horses up and that it gave you and your family a chance to reconnect with your Grandpa.

I hope that you continue writing in your blog because it was very enjoyable to read. Have a good week.

Sincerely,

Lisa Smith

25 October 2013 10:01

Breaking the Rules of Boarding School, Classrooms, and Blog Posts 23OCT I have never been one for following the rules. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not some wild graffiti artist, teenage rebel, doing whatever I want (though I am a fan of Banksy). I go to an all girls boarding school in rural southern Virginia and sometimes ‘breaking the rules’ is simply not agreeing to go with the status quo and fighting for a little more. Now, a little background, at our school if you take World History II you are not allowed to take AP European History because they are too similar. And that is exactly how I ended up taking this online government class. In my junior year I took APUS history and at the end of the year I met with our academic adviser to discuss my senior year class, more specifically, what history class I would be taking. And because I had already taken World History II everyone had been telling me that I would never be able to weasel my way into a spot in AP European History. Well, being me, I was hearing none of it. So, I went into my meeting with our academic dean BOUND and DETERMINED to be placed into a AP European History. I put up a fight until this poor academic dean through her hands up in the air and told me I could do whatever I wanted, but consider looking at something no one at my school had ever done; taking AP Government online. Well that’s just about as far from the norm as I could get so I dropped my case for AP Euro and registered that day for AP Government with Online School for Girls.

The reason I lead with this story is because I think my reasoning for picking this class reflects how unconventional this class is. I had never experienced online classes besides a summer geometry course (and I am here to tell you Geometry online is NOT a good idea) before Online School for Girls, but this course has showed me how online learning can be amazing! I have found that while online courses are by no means a normal classroom setting they allow for a new modern kind of class. I am learning to work with girls across the county; which is the kind of skill my mom always says she wished she had learned young because her work involves people all over the world. Learning to manage my time was a struggle at first because I did not have a teacher to face every day, but Online School for Girls keeps us in close contact with our teachers and I have learned to reach out when I need to like I would for a regular teacher. This is a skill I know I will carry with me through all my higher education when I am in classes with 300 people and need to be contacting my professor. There are many other lessons I will learn on the way to the AP test in May, but there is one thing I know I will always be able to take away from this online class; breaking the rules is sometimes the best thing you can do. Whether it is challenging the system at your school or destroying the idea of a “normal” classroom or writing a blog post dedicated to the idea that breaking the rules can be a good thing; the status quo is just WAITING for some powerful, young women to break it.

1 Comment Posted by maimazan on October 23, 2013 in Default

Lisa Smith November 1, 2013 at 9:10 pm Your comment is awaiting moderation. My name is Lisa Smith and I am a student at The University of South Alabama majoring in elementary education. I am currently take a course in technology and it is called EDM310. I have been assigned to read your blog this week and to leave a comment. I really enjoyed reading your blog post and found it very refreshing. You seem like a fighter and a person that is willing to go above and beyond to reach your goals. I hope that this attitude sticks with you throughout your life. Reach for the stars and sore! Have a great week. Lisa Smith

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2013 Big shells and little shells. I found some big beautiful shells to put on my sandcastle. ( Dictated to the teacher) By Teana-Lee POSTED BY KHISMIRA AT 8:00 AM LABELS: RM 5, TEANA-LEE 1 COMMENT: AnonymousNovember 13, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Hello, my name is Lisa Smith and I am a student at The University of South Alabama majoring in elementary education. I am currently taking a technology course (edm310) and my professor has assigned me to read your blog this week. I love your sea shells. They are beautiful and will look amazing on your sand castle. Have an amazing week. Lisa Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment