Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Blog Post #11

Interview with Kathy Cassidy

Ms. Cassidy's First Grade Class



Ms. Cassidy has so many ideas that I would love to take into my future classroom. She has many technological approaches that are used in her personal classroom. One of her techniques that I plan to use is the use of personal class blogs. Most schools now have a computer lab and this is where I plan to use our class blogging time. First, at the beginning of the year I must get approval from my principal for the use of personal blogs in the classroom. I must next get a school approved letter sent home going over the use of blogs in the classroom and any safety issues that the parent might night to know and be able to go over the issues with their child even before school begins. I must teach my students the importance of not revealing their identity on their blogs and to refrain from using their last name and uploading personal portraits of themselves. I must also left the students know that some of the sites on the computer are not safe for them and that they are only to look at approved by me sites. There will be consequences listed for my students if this trust is broken. Once the student/teacher has the all approval the class blog will be created and students names will be added for their personal blog creation.

I plan to use blogging during Language Arts. I will give the student a topic and they will use their creative writing skills and blog away. I plan to use blog during the once a week computer visits. I hope that my students grab onto blogging and might even want to blog at home.

2 comments: