Sunday, October 13, 2013

C4T #2

     This week I blogged Marc Prensky's, "How do we help kids be brave?"  He shares how children are scared of being wrong.  We must teach children at a early age that we must be brave enough to fail a little bit.  He also tells of have video games are beneficial to the learning student.  You play a game for the first time and you play it and process everything that you did wrong.  You then start over and do the wrong things right the next time.  "Get up and start over again,"  this could so be my life.

     He also shares that to get students familiar with being on camera that you should start by letting them interview each other.  They will become more comfortable with repetition.  This would be a fun activity for students to share together and also allow time for bonding.

A summary of blog post to Prensky:
I really enjoyed listening to your blog video.  It has inspired me to use the skills that you shared in my future classroom.  I believe for the student to share there inner abilities they must first gain the teacher's trust and feel comfortable with their learning environment.  By giving encouragement to students they will in turn make better students/future teachers.

The second blog that I was assigned to is A GeekyMoms Blog


The blog was about the Facebook application Candy Crush.
The blog talks about how addictive that this game can be to the online player.

One minute you are playing the game and the next you have to request lives from friends in order to continue the game.

Some friends my find this very annoying because they do not care to be bothered by your petty game requests.
If you run out of lives you either must wait the given amount of time for your lives to fill back up or your must ask other players.

The blog is asking for input as to how others may feel about this game called Candy Crush.

My name is Lisa Smith and I am a student in EDM 310 at The University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. My professor assigned me to read your blog this week. Candy Crush is like a drug. Once you start it you will get hooked. I choose to play the game for relaxation. I play the game through my facebook account but have never purchased anything from the site. I choose not to bug people and ask for lives but I will send lives out if requested by my friends. I have been stuck on level 92 for two months now so it is a real challenge for me. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment