Saturday, October 5, 2013

C4K Summary September

SEPTEMBER I have really enjoyed the C4K assignments this month. The assignment opened my eyes to see a new way of communication for students. My first thought was to go home and create a blog for each of my children ages 9 and 11. This is a great opportunity for students to express their creativity and to become a stronger student while in the process. Each week, I was assigned to read one student’s blog. I read a total of three blogs which were all very creative and a joy to read. My blogger’s are Bubba, Franco, and Senolita. "Bubba the “Hunter” Bubba wrote about sitting in a deer stand early in the morning while the temperature is freezing. He wrote about how he uses this time to reflect on his life. He also shared that the love of hunting has been passed on in his family. I am glad that Bubba has an outlet such as hunting and that it gives him a time to break away from worldly things and just reflect. My response to Bubba: I can only imagine how cold it would be sitting in a deer stand waiting for a buck to pass. I would have a hard time just sitting there waiting and watching for the perfect one to pass. I am happy that you get to experience hunting with your family. I am glad that you have also found hunting to be a time where you can sit back and reflect on everything going on in your life. Good luck with this years hunting season. I hope that you find the perfect buck. "Franco the “Music Lover” Franco wrote about his love of the band The Babasonicos. He thought the band was fantastic. He knew all of the members in the band by name and also knew what instrument they played. He loves this band because they do very well and sing rock songs. His favorite songs are Microdancing, La Lanza, and Me Gustas Tanto. My response to Franco, I can only imagine how fantastic your favorite band The Babasonicos are. I can tell by their name that the band must be awesome. It is amazing that you know the whole band by name and that you can match them to the instrument that they play. I hole that you have an awesome week and remember to Rock On! Senolita - Group Stories Senolita wrote 4 short stories which required the use of creativity. I loved to read how her imagination just opens up and she is able to write. She wrote about fireworks, ghosts, learning to fly, and the unexpected broken ankle. In each of her short stories she shares her story and then ends it with a reflection as to what each character learned from the story. In the story Fireworks, she wrote about a boy named Rob and his love for fireworks. She stated that “You can do anything in your life.” The second story, The Ghost, was about a girl named Emily and the haunted house. Senolita expressed to her reader to “Ask for help if you are scared of something”. The third story, Learning to Fly, expressed Kelly’s love to fly. Senolita expressed, “Keep trying and never give up.” The last story, The Unexpected Broken Ankle, was about Emily and the monkey bars. Senolita expressed, “Be careful of what you are doing.” My response to Senolita First, I must say that your short stories are very interesting. I really like the way that you are able to express your imagination through writing. I wish that I had taken the time when I was your age to sit and write about what was on my mind. I hope that you keep the writing up and continue to write more. Thank you for sharing your stories. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment