Sunday, August 25, 2013

Practice Blog Post- "All about Me"

My name is Lisa Smith.  I have been married to my husband Robert for 14 years.  Together, we have two son's named Bentley and Jackson.  I have attended South since 2011.  I am currently a Senior with hopes of entering candidacy in Spring 2014.  I have lived in Saraland Alabama my whole life.  It would be an honor to begin my teaching career at Saraland Elementary School.  I would love to teach first grade.  The City of Saraland has their own school system with two beautiful new school building's housing the Elementary and High School students.  I recently applied for a Substitute Teaching position  with the Saraland School System.  I am very excited to start my new journey.

I have a love for animals and I also have a hard time turning away a stray.  Therefore, I currently have two dogs and two cats.  I also have two stray cats and one of them just gave birth to five kittens.  This brings my total up big time for a sum of 11 animals.  I would not trade my love for animals.  If you know of someone looking for a kitten please send them my way.

I have a busy life and it is mostly consumed with whatever my children have going on.  Whether it be baseball or football, I am their biggest fan on the sidelines.  If I could have a hobby to enjoy it would be monogramming and playing with the vinyl machine.  I hope to one day own both so that I can decorate my school classroom and make it feel like home.

When I finally reach the end of the tunnel to graduation day I will be so happy.  My family has been so supportive of me and my goal of becoming an Elementary School Teacher.  I hope that graduation day is bitter sweet for all of us because they earned the degree with me while sitting on the sideline cheering me on to victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment